Will the real #SAILMONSTERS please stand up? After a year of fun and challenging times on the water, we are finally taking stock by putting the best and most fanatical sailors, surfers and riders in the spotlight – something especially important in the super-competitive watersport! The Sailmon Awards are presented to those with the most exceptional achievements recorded in the Sailmon App. The best news? Every month we nominate the best competitors in their field for the final victory!
The Sailmon Awards are presented in 8 different categories:
- Top Speed Award - The fastest overall
- Top Speed Class Award - The fastest in the five largest classes*
- Distance Sailed Award - Most nm sailed in a single trip
- Total Distance Sailed Award - Most nm sailed overall
- Tracking Award - Most trips logged
- Creator Award - Most popular story
- Popular Award - Most followers
- Popular Club Award - Club with the most followers
Monthly and end-of-year winners will be announced via the Sailmon channels. Only the end-of-year winners will receive, next to eternal fame and a place in the Sailmon Wall of Fame, a unique prize for their achievement. In addition, several conditions apply:
- Anonymous users are excluded from participation. Are you an anonymous user and still want to participate? Open your account via Profile > Privacy Settings > Public. And Privacy Settings > Activities > Public. You can choose to hide specific activities: Activity > Tap on the world icon in the right corner of your trip overview > Tap on Only you can view
- Users who abuse the system will be excluded from participation. This includes, for example, shared accounts and trips on land. Abuse is filtered from the leaderboards at the end of each month.
- The data is only generated from the Sailmon App. For the monthly nominations, the full-time frame of the month applies, for example, January 1 to January 31, 2023. The data will be determined for the final awards from January 1, 2023, to December 15, 2023.
- *The five largest classes are IQFOIL, MOTH, J70, RS21 and WASZP